2012 UIS Administrative Leadership Conference
Office of Business and Financial Services
Michael Bloechle, Director of UIS Business Services
Michael Bass, Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance
About the Conference
The theme of the 2015 Administrative Leadership Conference is “Leadership Lived: Partners in Excellence”. The conference will be held on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. in the PAC Conference Center at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
This leadership conference is sponsored by the UIS Director of Business Services with the purpose of providing departmental business managers and administrators with knowledge, resources, and networking opportunities to enable them to manage the challenges they face and pursue excellence in their roles at the University. The conference planning team defines professional excellence as:
- being proactive through forecasting and planning;
- being open to different ways of doing business and developing creative solutions to business problems;
- understanding one’s contribution to the success of the individual unit and the University as a whole;
- sharing best practices and methods through collaboration and networking;
- actively developing one’s professional career and the careers of staff members.
The primary goals of the conference include the following:
- to facilitate the sharing of best practices, new knowledge, tips, and tools that are relevant to business leaders and that can be passed to their staff members;
- to provide a forum for business leaders to share problems and concerns and develop possible solutions for some of the most challenging issues they face;
- to encourage networking and collaboration across units, departments, and schools/colleges;
- to recognize the importance of the work being done by this group of administrators and foster a greater sense of purpose and camaraderie.